Saturday, July 6, 2013

Days 3 and 4 - Long Hours

The last 2 days have been a whirlwind but overall pretty great. They both started with quick breakfasts (very quick in the case of this morning) and the 1 block walk to HQ. Yesterday Lee, our new HS manager arrived and we set to work on getting everything on the operation organized and whipped into shape. Prior to our arrival the operation had been run somewhat seat-of-the-pants (understandably so, they have had their plate full trying to manage too much with too few staff). Now that the operation is moving toward the closing/transition phase there is some time to get things all squared away.

So, my days yesterday and today have been spent mostly working on paperwork, statistics reporting, and answering the questions of our staff in the field. Lee and I have also spent time working on the plan for the next few days as she has been working on the longer-term transition plan. The bad of it is that I have had long days with no client-facing work, but the good is that I am integral to the orchestration of the health services for the operation.

Well, now it is almost time for bed before a relatively late start tomorrow (9 am) followed by tracking down more paperwork. Maybe I'll even get out into the field sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment